Christmas Oreo Cheesecake Balls
You have to try these decadent Christmas Oreo Cheesecake Balls. Resembling mini Christmas Puddings, these Oreo Cheesecake Balls are an amazing twist on an old Christmas favourite. Beware, they are very delectable, rich and hard to just stop at one… But they are oh-so-simple to make.
- 2 x 154 gram packets of Oreo Cookies.
- 300 gram pack of Light Cream Cheese (Philadelphia or equivalent).
- 100 grams of white chocolate.
- Green Beanies (Smarties or equivalent).
- Chocolate decorating balls or bits.
Method of Preparation.
- Place both packets of Oreo Cookies into a food processor and wizz until mixed to a crumbly texture. Alternatively, smash or chop the cookies to a fine mix.
- Place the crumbly cookie mix into a large mixing bowl and add the 300 grams of Light Cream Cheese.
- Fold the Light Cream Cheese into the Oreo Cookie Mix until all is completely blended. It should be the consistency of a thick paste.
- Meanwhile, place the 100 grams of white chocolate in a bowl over the top of a small pot of boiling water to melt down completely.
- With slightly wet hands (each time) shape the Oreo Cheesecake mixture into golf ball sized balls. Placing each onto a plate covered with non-stick baking paper.
- Cut the Green Beanies in half for the decoration and place to the side.
- When the white chocolate is completely melted, remove the bowl from the heat and with a teaspoon, begin to drizzle the white chocolate over the top of each ball, making sure to allow some of the melted chocolate to run down the sides for decoration effect.
- For the final decoration, place three of the halved green beanies (cut side down) onto the crown of each Christmas Oreo Cheesecake Ball and sprinkle a couple of chocolate bits (or balls) to the side of the beanies.
- Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes, however over night is best.
Mixture should make 14 – 16 Christmas Oreo Cheesecake Balls.